Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sweet Baby James

We're looking at less than 9 weeks to our scheduled c-section date and with that shortened time frame we're getting more and more excited about meeting our little man!  It's hard to believe in that short amount of time we'll be a family of four but the days are passing quickly and we'll be there before we know it!


Thankfully we are pretty set in our preparation for James.  We bought him a new crib since 1) we didn't want to mess up Charlotte's sleep habits since she still sleeps so well in her crib and 2) Charlotte teethed a lot on her crib and we didn't want to give a new baby a tooth-scarred crib!  His crib came in in May and as soon as we got Charlotte moved to her room (post coming soon!) we immediately got the painters back in to paint James' room.  It was a very big transformation going from a light pink room to a light blue room but now that (most) everything is set up I really love the look of it.


We went with a Sherwin Williams color called "Bubble" that we matched it as a lighter version of the fabric in his bedding.  When the room was bare it was a little overwhelming but with all of the brown in the room I think the light, bright color balances out nicely. (These pictures are kind of blown out because of the sun but it's a really rich blue that doesn't really translate in these pictures.)


We chose the Harper crib from Pottery Barn Kids for James and I'm so happy with that decision.  It's a totally different look than Charlotte's crib which separates the spaces even more for me and I think it's a very nice, traditional piece.  We kept all of the other furniture from the nursery so we stayed with the dark espresso toned crib and I think it works nicely with everything that we already had.


The search for bedding was probably the most difficult for me.  It seemed like little boy bedding was either very theme-y or in primary colors and neither of those options really called to us.  And although I love the look of a neutral nursery, it's just not something that I am able to make myself go for in real life. So we ended up designing our bedding with help from the sweet designer at Mod Pea Pod designs.  I was very scared in the time between when we placed our order and when the bedding arrived, but it turned out really great and I love it!


We aren't done with art on all of the walls yet but we're halfway finished.  We kept the sweet shadowboxes that our Mom's made for us when Charlotte was born and I love that touch of something special in the room.  I also asked Kim Wheeler to paint James a painting so that he would have one like Charlotte's.  Kim is fantastic and did a wonderful job in reading my wildest dreams to create his painting and I LOVE EVERY PART OF IT!  If you ever need name artwork for your kids (and Kim is taking orders) you should definitely ask her to paint one for you.  They are fantastic!  We're going to get a canvas from James' newborn session with Erin for another wall but that still leaves one wall open.  So I'm currently looking for some black and white elephant photographs to frame and have a few good leads but nothing solid yet.  Once those get hung I'll repost pictures of the really finished room!


But for right now, I feel very good about where we are.  James could come today and we would only need new accessories like a changing pad.  Even though he won't sleep in his crib until he's sleeping through the night, it helps me feel so much more relaxed when his room is basically complete!  And the fact that I'm very happy with how it turned out makes it even better!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky James!! He has such a handsome nursery!! ...makes me feel WAY behind to see everything is D-O-N-E!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the nursery! It looks FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails