Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Recipe Wednesday - Shortcut Corn

I don't know about you but I'm pretty bad at making sides to go with meals.  I would much rather just make one casserole or something that we eat basically as our whole meal and add a salad or fruit and veggies with it.  But, I will make this corn to go with dinner because it's so easy and I almost always have corn in my pantry.  There's a good chance that you've been cooking your canned corn like this forever but I hadn't and so when I tried it out it was a miraculous discovery.  And one of the best parts is that Charlotte will eat corn when it's cooked like this so I can eat least get one veggie in her! But be forewarned, I'm guessing that this recipe is really not great for you what with the salt and margarine, but it sure is good!

Shortcut Corn
Serves 4

1 small can Shoepeg Corn
1 small can Yellow Corn
Salt
Pepper
2-3 tablespoons margarine

- Pour both cans of corn into a baking dish.
- Stir corn together until it's evenly mixed.
- Generously salt and pepper the corn and remix.
- Cut margarine into 4 or 5 pats of butter and spread them throughout the corn (i.e. spoon out corn, put the margarine in, and put corn back on top of butter.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails