Thursday, February 25, 2010

Nine month doctor's appointment

 
Today we went to the doctor for Charlotte's nine month well visit.  It was pretty much a fiasco with Charlotte practically screaming the entire time with big fat tears running down her face every time I would move anywhere close to putting her down.  It's never a good sign when your child starts crying when you take their clothes off at the doctor and there is nary a needle in sight.  But, obviously, it didn't traumatize her too much since I took this picture just a few minutes ago and our appointment was at 1:30.  

Other than the screaming our appointment went well.  Our doctor said that Charlotte looks great and he wasn't worried about anything at all.  I was a little discouraged to see that her weight was only 15 lbs 10 ounces (5th percent) but our doctor told us that a drop was totally normal for this time in a baby's life due to all of the increased activity between their 6 month visit and now.  She had grown 1 1/2 inches taller though to move to 27" tall (31st percentile).  And, not that anyone cares, but her head circumference was 45 cm (78th percentile). 

It is really strange that our next appointment will be her one year appointment!  This year has gone by really fast!  

And as an aside, for those of you who don't know (and I was one of those people until my mom brought it to my attention), there is apparently a resurgence of whooping cough due to children not getting vaccinated.  Therefore, it is being recommended that everyone between the ages of 11 and 65 get a new TDap to help contain the spread of whooping cough.  So check with your doctor about that.  I would hate to get something like that and pass it off to Charlotte without even knowing that I needed to have done something to prevent it.  I DON'T want to start a vaccine discussion though so please don't post anything about that.  It's everyone's own decision and I don't want to get in to it, I just wanted to make you aware of this new vaccine for adults in case you weren't previously aware. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails