Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Recipe Wednesday - Greek Chicken Pasta

When I was on the tail end of being sick a few weeks ago Mom called and told me that she had made a pasta dish and they had lots of leftovers and she wondered if we wanted them.  I'm always up for not having to cook a meal, especially when I'm not feeling 100%, so I jumped on the opportunity.  I'm sure glad I did because this was one of the best pasta dishes I've had in a while!  Thanks Mom for the recipe!

Greek Chicken Pasta
Makes 5-6 servings

2 cups uncooked penne pasta
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/2 large onion, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
3 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
1 jar (7.5 oz) marinated, quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1 cup (4 oz) crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1/3 cup sliced, pitted Greek olives
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley

1. Cook pasta according to package directions
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter.
3. Add onion; saute until tender.  Add garlic and cook about a minute more.
4. Stir in the flour until blended; gradually add broth.
5. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.  Stir in the chicken, artichoke hearts, cheese, tomatoes, and olives.
6. Drain pasta; stir into the pan.  Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.  Sprinkle with parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails