Friday, September 9, 2011

Home again, Home again

Who knows when I'll get to actually finish editing pictures and post more details about James' birth but I did want to update.

We got home yesterday.  From the onset we said that if I was doing ok we wanted out of the hospital once the 48 hours were up and after two days of a fantastic nurse Thursday morning reminded us why we dislike being in the hospital so much and confirmed that we wanted to go home!  Thankfully our OB and pediatrician were happy to let us go home.  Our OB even told us that there were patients that had come in Thursday morning to be induced that were still in the waiting room hours later because there were no rooms to move the Mom's from L&D suites and so no L&D suites to get anyone else back to have a baby!  Apparently this week was a baby boom because there were 25 babies born on Tuesday with James and the nursery was pretty much packed out every time we took him to be kept!

So we got home around noon and eased our way back into life at home.  Charlotte came home after school and her nap at Memma's around 4 and other than a little bit of drama with her not wanting to go upstairs to bed without me going up to help her she did really great.  I know that we're only closet o 24 hours  in to being home with the four of us but she has been so sweet so far.  If someone takes James out of the room as soon as she notices she ask where Baby James is and go and find him.  She DOES NOT like for him to cry and when he does she sidles up next to him and coos, "Oh Baby James, it's ok...."

And this morning even went really well when my rock-star of a husband kept BOTH kids at home BY HIMSELF!  I'm terrified to even think of doing it but he said it was no problem!  I'm totally impressed with his skills and his nonchalance at keeping them both.  I had to go in to the OB to get my staples taken out and thought that maybe I should take James with me but he wouldn't let me and said he could handle it.  And he did great!  Maybe he can teach me when my turn comes. :)

I do hope to get more pictures posted soon but for now these from Twitter and Instagram will have to do....
Memma was busy helping us last night! But I don't think she minded!

Pretty close to the 72 hour mark from birth.  Look how sweet he is!

Snoozing while still in the hospital

About ready to go home from the hospital.

Do you see his dimples?  He has big ones! Can't wait to see them more often once he starts smiling!

So excited to be going home he's flailing around! (You know he's a small baby when the newborn hats that we have swallow his head!)

And here's Big Sister herself all decked out in her shades before school yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! James is precious and Charlotte is the cutest big sister!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails