Monday, November 29, 2010

Doctor's Visit

Last Monday was Charlotte's 18 month birthday and it just so happened that we scheduled her 18 month checkup that day also.  So after Jason and I got her up from bed we headed straight to the doctor.  We had a full arsenal of snacks and drinks to try and keep her happy but as probably any 18 month old does at the doctor, she was fine until she saw the nurse.
Content in Daddy's lap with her milk and a mouth full of biscuit

The appointment itself was quite an experience.  C started crying when we started to take her clothes off so that they could weigh her and didn't really stop crying until we left.  She didn't want to stand on the scale to be weighed and tried her very hardest to wiggle away while the nurse was measuring her height and her head.  The nurse actually said that she had never had a baby this age be this strong fighting against her!  Thankfully it was an almost pain free visit (her flu shot was the only shot she got) but that didn't stop her from screaming her little head off and trying to get away.  We knew she had grown but it was nice to get confirmation that she jumped 50 percentile points in height in the last three months!  I had also been worried because she is very pigeon toed and was worried about her needing corrective items or something but for the umpteenth time our pediatrician just told me that it will make her run fast and be good at sports.  I think her Daddy is honestly kind of jealous.  :)

Jason had to go straight to work after our appointment but I was so thankful that he came with us because with all the tears and writhing around as if we were hurting her I couldn't have gotten through that appointment by myself.  Charlotte and I progressed on to the cupcake store for our now traditional post-doctor's visit cupcake.  Before Charlotte could eat cupcakes Jason and I would just treat ourselves to a cupcake after her doctor's visits but after her last appointment Charlotte and I started the tradition of going on our way  home from the doctor.  While we were there I was just overcome with gratitude.  So grateful that my baby girl is happy and healthy and that the worst that we are having to deal with is tears over getting her flu shot.  And so very grateful that I get to stay home with her and make fun traditions like sharing a cupcake after the doctor.  I just sat and watched her dancing along to Taylor Swift on the radio while eating her cupcake and asking for more after each bite and was just floored.  I am so very, very blessed and I am so excited to watch this precious little girl grow up and continue to make memories like that with me.

The cupcake eating started off kind of slow since C was still sniffling and upset.  Here she is half-pouting even with cupcake all over her face!


But then she got more into the spirit and started picking up pieces of cupcake!
I was surprised that she would spit out any piece with icing on it! So funny, that's the best part!



And then the sugar started to kick in and she got HAPPY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails