Friday, October 8, 2010

We're goin' to the zoo, zoo, zoo!

Last week I was thinking about our upcoming trip back down to Tuscaloosa for the Florida game and relishing the cool fall air and I realized that we should probably go to the zoo sometime soon!  Charlotte looooves animals and the weather would be perfect so Jason and I decided that we would stop in Birmingham on our way home and visit the zoo.  Then I had an even better idea to invite some of our friends that live in Birmingham to join us and a wonderful adventure was born!

Our friend Lindsey and our other friends Natalie, Scott, and Carrington met us at the zoo right after lunch on Sunday and we headed in to explore.  I was so excited to meet Carrington because I hadn't seen her in person before! She was just the most precious little almost-six month old there could be.  So well behaved and so alert checking everything out.  And I loved getting to meet Scott and to see Natalie again since we hadn't seen each other since college and have just reconnected and become friends in the last few months virtually through twitter and facebook.

We got in and headed straight towards the safari exhibit where the bigger animals were.  Our first spotting was the zebra's which Charlotte especially enjoyed since she had zebra's on her outfit and we had been talking about them all morning!

Look! They're zebras!
Carrington just took it all in
See Daddy, there they are!
Scott, Carrington and Natalie

Next to the zebra's were the giraffes.  They didn't get very close to us which made Lindsey sad since they were her favorite! They were together in a habitat with the ostrich's and those ostrich's don't smell that great so we didn't stick around for long!

Then we headed inside to see some of the animals that were more contained.  Sadly the lions were asleep so we didn't get an "ROAR-ing" out of C.
It's hard taking pictures with only one hand!
Admiring the sleeping lions
 
Bobcat's 
 Jason and Charlotte and Lindsey with Carrington
The girls got a shoulder ride from their daddy's on the way out of the safari exhibit!
We made our way over the rhino's...
And then checked out the monkies! Charlotte loved that they were swinging right up to the windows!
Charlotte and Miss Lindsey looking at the gorilla
It was then time for a pit stop and so we grabbed a picture of all of the girls while we rested!
We then saw the flamingo's and Lindsey almost got a hand full of feathers when one walked right underneath her hands!

After the flamingo's we (at least I!) were pretty tired so we meandered back through the zoo to the entrance.  We then parted ways and traveled home. Charlotte loved the zoo and we were so glad that we got to take her and on such a beautiful day. I am also so thankful for such sweet friends like Lindsey and Natalie and so glad that we got an opportunity to get everyone together to visit for a few hours!  I hope we get to see each other again soon!

**As a very random sidenote, the title of this post is from a song that was in my kindergarten play where we went to the zoo.  It went "We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo! How about you, you, you? You can come too, too, too! We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo!" I had the huge roll (not!) of a street sweeper.  Good times.  :)  But I can still sing some of the songs so I guess that's something.  Did any of you happen to put on this play in elementary school?? :)

1 comment:

  1. As soon as I read the title of this post, I started singing the song! I wasn't in the play, but I definitely remember another grade performing it when I was in school. So fun!

    Love these pictures...I may have to "steal" one for the post that I'm working on about the zoo...yes, I said I'm working on a post. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails