Friday, July 9, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Favorite Bible Verses

There are any number of Bible verses that I love.  But there are two that I have loved for a long, long time.  These have been my two favorite verses since high school:
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save.  
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.
- Zephaniah 3:17

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord
your God will be with you wherever you go.
- Joshua 1:9

Both of these verses have a similar message.  God is with us.  God will not leave.  God will save you.  Don't worry.  You are worthy.  You are special.  God cares for you.  

I think these things are important and things that we could all do to remember on a daily basis.  God rejoices over me and over you with singing.  What could be greater than that?

Recently, I've come to love another verse and it's helped me a lot through the last few weeks that have been kind of stressful.  I love the message in this verse also:

You are my refuge and my shield;
I have put my hope in your word.
- Psalm 119:114

To see more Bible Verses head back to Kelly's Korner.

3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Kelly's Korner! These are great verses..thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another visitor from KK's blog :) Love the Joshua verse - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Visiting from Kelly's Korner! I love Joshua 1:9! I am your newest follower! Your little girl is adorable! I LOVE the name Charlotte. My youngest daughter Claire was almost a Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails