Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sick little girl


Charlotte has been teething for a while and the last few nights it's been hard putting her to sleep.  She would cry for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour trying to fall asleep but she wouldn't do it during naptime so we thought it was just teeth.  Then yesterday she woke up with a stuffy nose and last night wouldn't go to sleep even with hours of rocking and soothing.  She finally went to sleep about 10 but woke up this morning with a cough and when I saw her touch her ear this morning I immediately called the doctor. 

This was our first visit to the sick side of the pediatrician's and throughout our wait I kept kicking myself for bringing her and exposuing her to more germs.  She acted perfectly happy in her stroller and only sneezed once and didn't cough at all.  I felt kind of silly when the nurse started asking me about her symptoms -- she's teething and has a runny nose and a cough and touched her ear once with no fever -- but I was so relieved that I followed my Mommy instinct when our doctor confirmed that she has an ear infection in her left ear.  Poor baby, I hope that she hasn't had it long!

She's still asleep now after her first dose of antibiotic and the wonderful drops that numb her ear drum.  I hope that her medicine will help her feel much better quickly.  At least she isn't really acting very sick when she's awake and other than when we put her to bed at night she's not really having that many problems with it.  I guess it was bound to happen sometime but I hope she feels better soon!

3 comments:

  1. Poor Charlotte! We are sending get well wishes your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry sweet Charlotte is battling her first ear infection. She is like her Daddy and her Uncle Kevin--ear infection with no fever. Jennifer, you were right to trust your "Mommy instincts"! Hope everyone feels better and sleeps better tonight.
    Love, KayKay

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good mommy instinct you have! Sorry to hear your little one isn't feeling so well. Praying for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails