Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Recipe Wednesday - Spicy Chicken Taco's


I can now definitely recommend that you go and buy the Rachael Ray Kid Food cookbook.  I have made a lot of recipes out of it and each one has been pretty superb.  This recipe, Spicy Chicken Taco's, was really good and really easy.  And, it wasn't too spicy at all!

1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken brea sts cut into small cubes (I used pre-cooked and cut chicken)
1 T extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced (I used the jarred version)
1 cup Tomato Puree
2 teaspoons Chili Powder
1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
A handful (I used around 8) coarsely chopped Spanish olives stuffed with pimentos
A hadful of golden raisins (I omitted this)
Coarse salt, to taste (I used regular salt)
8 jumbo taco shells or flour tortillas

Toppings:
Shredded cheese
Avacado dices
Tomato dices
Chopped green onion
Shredded lettuce

In a big skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in olive oil.  Add onio and garlic and cook another few minutes to soften onion.  Add tomato puree, chili powder, cumin, olives, raisins, and salt, to taste.  Bring to a bubble, reduce heat to low and simmer until ready to serve.

Warm taco shells or tortillas in oven or microwave according to package.

Scoop filling into shells and add toppings at the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails