Sunday, October 11, 2009

We're Going to The Grove! Part 2

More pictures from The Grove at Ole Miss!

Memma, Charlotte, and Papa G

Charlie, Tripp, and Jason enjoying some pre-game beverages

With the girls. I wonder if the Dixon's picture has us all looking at one camera or Charlotte not sticking her tongue out? It's her new trick, but still. :) Also, this picture makes me wish that despite the mud I had worn heels instead of flats!

Grandparents with the girls. We are so thankful that Kelly's parents and Tripp's parents were willing to keep Caroline AND Charlotte during the game so that we could all go to the game. Even though it was cold and rainy it was nice to get a little break. :) Thank you!

I love this picture of me and Charlotte!


If you know Kelly or have ever been to an event that she has hosted you know that she is the consummate hostess. She thinks of everything and is a great planner. She was a woman on a mission with the perfect vision to give us one of the best (or shall I say, THE best) Grove tent around! I am so proud of what we put together!

Our cute cake from Emileigh's. You'll notice Red Velvet Cake cookies in the background. Yummy!

Most of our tables. We probably had enough food to feed 25-30 people but only had 13! I would always rather have too much than too little and this way we got to enjoy it for dinner also!

I love our centerpiece! The red boxes were so cute and the flowers look so good! I'm always scared to arrange flowers but Kelly made is look so easy! It was nice to have Mom to help us also!

We tried to balance Ole Miss and Alabama platters so that it was even. I think we did a good job! It helps that we have red as a similar color.

We got cute jersey napkins!
Overall we had a great weekend. It is always so nice to get away with friends and family and relax and enjoy each others company. I also love visiting other schools with "natives" of the school because you get to see how that team really lives on game day. My college game days were totally different than game days at Ole Miss but I think that's what makes it so much fun. And The Grove is so famous and so unique. Where else do you see tents with chandeliers and rugs?!?! People are starting to make their tents on The Quad really nice too but it's something that's just begun as opposed to something that's been around forever.
We look forward to taking the girls to many many more Alabama/Ole Miss games! Thanks Kelly and Tripp for showing us such a great time!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails