Monday, December 15, 2008

Wishing you a very, merry Christmas!

I'm so excited to participate in BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes! Hop on over and enjoy the other houses on the tour!

Christmas is a special time at our house and always has been. My mom has always made the holiday so special. When we were little Mom and Dad took the time to celebrate Advent leading up to the holiday so that we would make sure and remember that Jesus is the reason for all the celebrating. It's always been important for us to take time to acknowledge the little baby in the manger amidst all of the parties and gifts and glitter.

Because Christmas is so special, Mom always decorated the house so beautifully. I like to think that I'm working towards her beautiful house and I get closer each year. I hope you enjoy your visit to our home!

Here's our entry, come on in! My mom got us a beautiful wreath holder this year that says, "The Elwells". I love it! I think it makes our wreath look so much more finished. Jason worked hard on all of the outside lights also. I think he did a beautiful job!


Here's our mantle. I love having the shiny, sparkly items on the mantle. We borrowed one of Mom and Dad's fake trees this year to lessen the stress but using fresh greenery on the mantle still allowed me to have the Christmas-y smell. I can't wait to add a fourth stocking to the mantle next year!



This is our chandelier in our dining room. It was Mom's idea to hang the mercury glass ornaments from it. I love it and think that it really dresses up the room!

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is one that my Mom started 10 years ago. She gives me the Christopher Radko ornament that benefits Pediatric Cancer Charities. This is a special cause for me since my dear friend, Mary Shaw, passed away from cancer when she was 16. This is one of those ornaments.



Here's our pewter nativity. We got this on our honeymoon to Cabo San Lucas. While it was extremely heavy to hand carry back through the airport it was definitely worth it! I think it's beautiful and such a lovely reminder of how our marriage should be centered around Jesus.

I love this fun Santa tree! Mom's letting me use it this year and it just adds the extra bit of sparkle to our den!
These beautiful pillows were hand stitched by my grandmother, Gramme, and given to me at one of my wedding showers. I love having heirlooms around and imagining that one day Mo will have them!
I love my chocolate Santa's! They look so good I sometimes want to take a bite out of them!

I hope that you enjoyed the tour! Check out my recipe blog to see my favorite Christmas drink, Hot Spiced Tea!

8 comments:

  1. I love your blog design...very cute!

    Your home looks very pretty decorated for Christmas! I really like your Nativity, and how neat that you got it while on your honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your front door and entrance! Just makes you feel so celebratory before you even get in the house. The inside is lovely too. ;)

    Merry Christmas and thanks for inviting us in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen- Don't let Shelby come over or you really might find a "bite" taken out of one of your Santas!!!
    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a bit surprised that your home is absolutely beautiful! Hope this Christmas season continues to be a special one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is gorgeous! I love your mantle!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. Thanks for having us over.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is so warm and cozy! I love the pillows your grandma made for you and the chocolate santas -- so cute! Good luck with your pregnancy. Thanks for letting me stop by!

    XOXOXOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails